German Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Dipl.-Ing. Electrical and Computer Engineering
T: +49 (0)89 9545370 22
Benjamin Bubendorfer is cofounder and partner of the firm. During his career, he has frequently represented his clients at the Federal Patent Court and assisted in associated infringement proceedings, both on the side of the patentee and the potential infringer. He has also taken responsibility until final closure of the case by representing clients in hearings at the Federal Court of Justice. Additionally, handling and building patent and trademark portfolios for companies ranging from small start-ups to large corporations is one of his core tasks.
As an electrical engineer and information technology specialist, Benjamin Bubendorfer has a strong focus on mobile communication, communication networks, computer-implemented inventions, AI inventions, human-machine interfaces, sensor systems, data storage systems and semiconductor technology. He is also a member of the board of examiners for the patent attorney exam at the Federal Patent Court.
- Since 2017 partner at WBH Wachenhausen
- Patent Attorney at Hoffmann Eitle in Munich including initial trainee period, located in Munich and London (2009-2016)
- Dipl-Ing. Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Elektro- und Informationstechnik) at Technical University of Munich
- Languages: German, English
- Representing multiple manufacturers of mobile phones in patent validity actions at the Federal Patent Court, as well as assisting in the corresponding infringement proceedings in a series of multinational actions on standard-essential mobile communication patents.
- Representing a telecom manufacturer in patent validity actions at the Federal Patent Court and the Federal Court of Justice, resulting in a decision by the Federal Court of Justice published as “Datenpaketumwandlung” (FCJ Decision X ZR 96/18).
- Representing a telecom manufacturer in multiple validity proceedings regarding LED technology, as well as assisting in the corresponding infringement proceedings.
- Representing the patentee in a validity action in the technical field of computer storage systems, as well as assisting in the corresponding infringement proceedings.
- Representing the patentee in a validity action in the technical field of medical technology, as well as assisting in the corresponding infringement proceedings.
- Elaborating and implementing entry strategies into the European market for multiple IT companies.
- Strategic development of international IP portfolios (patents and trademarks) for startups, small and medium-sized businesses, as well as national and international technology corporations with revenues of several billion EUR.