German Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Dipl.-Ing. Mechanical Engineering
Stefan Chivarov joined the firm as an Associate in 2021. He is a qualified German and European Patent Attorney and has been active in the field of industrial property rights since 2011. Due to his extensive experience, he has already been working for several S&P 500 companies in the field of medical technology and several DAX companies in the field of mechanical engineering. During his studies of Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering, Stefan Chivarov worked for a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company, a German multinational corporate manufacturer of luxury vehicles and motorcycles and a German noiseless radiant heating & cooling manufacturer.
Furthermore, Stefan Chivarov counsels startups, small and medium-sized companies individually and strategically focused on their current needs and future goals. As a former inventor and entrepreneur, he is viewing patent related matters from all angles.
- Since 2021 Associate at WBH Wachenhausen
- Training and Patent Attorney at renowned patent law firms in Munich (since 2011)
- Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering (with distinction) at Technical University of Berlin (2011)
- Studies of Mechanical Engineering at Technical University of Berlin including one year at Technical University of Valencia (2003-2011)
- Studies of Computer Science at Technical University of Munich (2002-2003)
- Languages: German, English, Bulgarian
Stefan Chivarov devoted himself to all matters of intellectual property, focusing on the preparation of patent applications, grant and opposition proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO) and the European Patent Office (EPO) as well as on filing and examination proceedings before the International Bureau (IB) of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). He is further experienced in nullity proceedings, infringement proceedings and license negotiations.